meal ideas for a healthy post pregnancy diet
Detox Kitchen shares its nourishing postpartum recipes
I know how difficult it can be to find the time to cook wholesome, delicious food every day when you have little ones to look after. I was so surprised with myself when I had my first baby; I found myself living off toast and Kit Kats while I struggled to keep up with my breast-feeding induced hunger. Since becoming a mother, I have found that there is very little nutritional information about what mothers should be eating during the early post-natal stages, and the information out there is very conflicting. That is why I decided to launch our Mama programme and community. I want to create a platform where mothers can come, read, connect and better understand the importance of a healthy post pregnancy diet to lose baby weight. Then if they need some extra help, they can have our food delivered straight to their door. We have partnered with the bestselling author nutritional therapist Amelia Freer to create a food delivery package that contains all the nutrients a new mother needs for losing wight after having a baby. When your meal delivery comes to an end, here are a few ideas for realistically simple, nutritionally balanced meals that can be thrown together in minutes. These should all be achievable with some simple fridge ingredients (online supermarket shopping can be a saviour!), and a few minutes of cooking or preparation time.
lily's banana bread
+1 tbsp coconut oil
+½ tsp ground cardamom seeds
+ ½ teaspoon cinnamon
+140g plain gluten-free flour
+½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
1) preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line an 8 inch loaf tin with grease- proof paper.
2) peel the bananas and mash them in a bowl with a fork, then add the honey and combine.
3) add the coconut oil and mash with the bananas.
4) in a separate bowl whisk two eggs, then add them to the banana mixture and mix through.
5) add the cardamom, cinnamon, flour and bicarbonate, and gently fold through. then tip the mixture in to the lined loaf tin. cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes until cooked through.
6) remove from the oven and leave to cool in the loaf tin for 5–10 minutes.
7) tip out from the loaf tin and leave to cool completely. to serve, cut into slices, add a dollop of coconut yogurt and top with fresh raspberries and a sprinkle of bee pollen.
lily's lentil dal for 2
+2 tbsp grapeseed oil
+2 sticks celery
+1 yellow pepper
+100g red lentils
+thumb-sized piece fresh ginger
+pinch of table salt
+1 tsp ground cumin
+1 tsp ground coriander
+1 tsp tumeric
+160ml coconut milk
+tin of chopped tomatoes
1) dice the onion and celery and cook in the oil for 5 mins in a saucepan.
2) dice the pepper and add to the pan.
3) puree the garlic and ginger with the water and add to pan. cook for a further 5 mins.
4) add rest of the ingredients and simmer for 10 mins.
5) serve in your favourite bowl.
We would love to hear from you. Whether you have a question about our packages or you simply just want to discuss your post pregnancy meal plan, please do get in touch.
phone: 0207 498 6417
Enjoy 15% discount withe the code ADENANAIS15