Aden & Anais Limited Privacy and Cookies Policy
This policy (together with our terms of website use and any other documents referred to in this policy) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.adenandanais.co.uk (the “Website”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purposes of the UK Data Protection Act 1998, Aden & Anais Limited is registered as a data controller under number ZA139421.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
• Information you give us. When you shop on the Website, we will ask you to input certain information by filling in forms on the Website. This includes information you provide when you register to use the Website, search for a product, or place an order on the Website. The information you give us may include your name, e-mail address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, product selections, credit card or other payment information and a password. You may also give us certain information if you submit reviews of our products or if you enter any of our competitions.
• Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to the Website, we may collect, and our third party providers of advertisements and content may collect, technical information about where you are on the internet (e.g. the URL you came from, IP address, domain types like .co.uk and .com), your browser type, the country and telephone area code where your computer is located, the pages of our website that were viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms that you entered on our website. We may collect this information even if you do not register with us.
• Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers) and may receive information about you from them.
Cookies and pixel tags
A cookie is a small amount of data which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to in this policy as a ‘device’) from the Website and is stored on your device’s hard drive. A cookie records on your device information relating to your internet activity (such as whether you have visited the Website before).
A pixel tag is an invisible tag placed on a website, but not on your device, for the purpose of tracking activity on that website. When you access those pages of the Website, pixel tags generate a notice of that visit. Pixel tags usually work in conjunction with cookies.
We currently set the following cookies and pixel tags:
1. Google Tag Manager Container is a Google product that enables website owners to centrally control the use of third party tags on their website. We use the following third party tags in Google Tag Manager Container:
Google AdWords Conversion - This records conversions on the Website’s conversion pages from search ads or product listing ads (shopping), as well as the conversion value of users once they make a purchase on the Website. You can opt out of Google AdWords Conversion by visiting Google's Ads Settings.
Google Analytics - This is a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. to track Website behaviour. You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting your use of the Website – for more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics, visit this Google page.
2. Facebook Pixel
There is one pixel for Facebook which gives us user Website behaviour information after a user interacts with our Facebook or Instagram ads. We track everything from a user viewing specific product, through adding that item to cart and checking out. This allows us to retarget, build lookalike audiences, and run dynamic product ads. The standard events the Facebook pixel is customized to report on are different types of conversion events such as a Page View, View Content (Product Page), Add to Cart, and Purchase. You can opt out of the Facebook Pixel by visiting the Adverts tab in your Facebook profile settings.
3. Pinterest Pixel
This gives us click through data and Website behaviour from users who came to the Website through interacting with a Pinterest ad. This allows us to obtain revenue data from users who visit the Website and make a purchase after interacting with that Pinterest ad. You can opt out of the Pinterest Pixel by going to your account settings and turning off Personalization.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:• Information you give us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to contact you if you abandon the shopping cart on the Website in order to remind you that you have not completed your purchase on the Website;
- if you purchase any products from the Website, we or a selected third party may contact you to request you to review the products. If you do review the products, we or a selected third party may publish your review;
- to provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- if you consent, to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about products, special offers, competitions and other communications that may be of interest to you;
- if you enter any of our competitions, to communicate with you about such competition, to select winners, award any prizes, and administer the competition;
- to notify you about changes to our service.
• Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer the Website and for internal operations, including data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep the Website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we deliver to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Website about goods or services that may interest you or them. We and selected third parties may target advertisements to you based on your previous use of the Website in order to promote our products. In the event that you do not want to receive targeted advertising, please refer to the section on Cookies.
• Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the information to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Website.
We require that all such third parties treat your personal information as fully confidential and to fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation from time to time in place.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers may be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of website use or terms and conditions of supply and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you will be stored on our secure servers within the European Economic Area.
We use the Sage Pay System which is encrypted using 128-bit SSL certificates for our online credit card transactions. Westpac VeriSign Trusted processes online credit card transactions for thousands of UK and EC merchants, providing a safe and secure means of collecting payments via the internet.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features (in particular, by applying prior access controls to data for each category of users through management authorisations) for the purpose of preventing unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
In particular, when you register with us online you will be given the option to receive information from us by post, e-mail or telephone, about products, promotions or special offers which we feel may be of interest to you. If you opt to receive such information, you can exercise the right to prevent such processing at any time by replying to a promotional e-mail with the word "unsubscribe" in the subject line, by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoning us on +44 (0) 203 735 7569 between 9:30am and 5:00pm.
You agree that you do not object to us contacting you in accordance with the above for any of the above purposes whether by telephone, e-mail or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
Access to information
The UK Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access, update, or delete (as applicable) information held about you.
Such rights can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act. Please contact us at email@example.com to exercise any such right
Changes to this policy
Any changes we may make to this policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this policy.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please telephone us on +44 (0) 203 735 7569 between 9:30am and 5:00pm.
Last updated: 3 August 2016
The Terms of Website Use
These terms of website use (together with the documents referred to in it) tell you the terms on which you may make use of our website www.adenandanais.co.uk (the “Website”). Use of the Website includes accessing, browsing, or registering to use the Website.
Please read these terms of website use carefully before you start to use the Website, as these will apply to your use of the Website. By using the Website, you confirm that you accept these terms of website use and that you agree to comply with them. If you do not agree to these terms of website use, you must not use the Website.
Our Privacy and Cookies Policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
If you purchase goods from the Website, our terms and conditions of supply will apply to the sales.
The Website is a site operated by Aden & Anais Limited. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 7074907, with registered office at 1 Filament Walk, Studio 316, Wandsworth, London, SW18 4GQ. Our VAT number is 98464676.
The Website is hosted by adenandanais.co.uk.
Changes to the Website
We may update the Website from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, we do not guarantee that the Website, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the content on the Website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on the Website is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Accessing the Website
We do not guarantee that the Website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to the Website is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of the Website without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website.
You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Website through your internet connection are aware of these terms of website use and other applicable terms and conditions, and that they comply with them.
The Website is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through the Website is appropriate or available in other locations. We may limit the availability of the Website or any service or product described on the Website to any person or geographic area at any time. If you choose to access the Website from outside the United Kingdom, you do so at your own risk.
Copyright and Other Intellectual Property Rights
We own or have the right to use the trade marks "adenandanais", “aden + anais”, “a+a” and reserve all rights in relation to each of those trade marks.
Any other intellectual property rights in our Website and the material published on the Website, including graphics, logos, trademarks, design, text, icons, the arrangement of them, sound recordings and all software relating to the Website are owned or licensed by us. These intellectual property rights are protected by English and international laws. You should assume that all of the content made available to you through the Website is owned or licensed by us and is protected by copyright or other proprietary rights.
Nothing contained on the Website is to be interpreted by you as a recommendation or consent to use any information on the Website in a manner which infringes our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of any other person, company or entity. We make no representations or warranties that your use of the information on the Website will not infringe such intellectual property rights.
You may view the Website and its contents for personal and non-commercial use only. You must not in any form or by any means reproduce, modify, distribute, store, transmit, publish or display within another website or create derivative works from any part of the Website or commercialise any information contained from any part of the Website without first obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Your account and password
To purchase any products from us you may establish an account on the Website or check out as a guest
We retain absolute discretion to refuse to allow your account to be established, to terminate your accounts and to remove or edit content where your account has not been kept in accordance with these terms of website use.
You are responsible for the confidentiality of your account password. Your password and account details are stored on a secure server for ease of use in processing future orders or for warranty claims under the conditions set out in Privacy and Cookies Policy .
You agree that you will not let anyone else access your account or do anything that might put the security of your account at risk. You must notify us immediately if you become aware of any breach of security or unauthorised access or use of your account. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account.
We reserve the right to remove your username or similar identifier in respect of your account if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these terms of website use.
Changes to these terms of website use
We reserve the right to make changes to these terms of website use at any time. Amendment will be effective immediately upon notification on the Website. You should check these Terms and Conditions regularly for such changes, as they are binding on you. Your continued use of the Website following such notification will represent an agreement by you to be bound by the terms and conditions as amended.
The Website may contain links to, or frame, websites of third parties ("external sites"). We are not required to maintain or update external sites and have no control over the contents of those sites.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on the Website. Any links to external sites are for your information only and should not be construed as any endorsement, approval, recommendation or preference by us of the owners or operators of the external sites, or for any information, products or services referred to on the external sites unless expressly indicated on the Website.
We make no warranties and accept no liability in relation to material contained on external sites or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of any such external sites.
Limitation of Liability
Nothing in these terms of website use excludes or limits our liability for:
(ii) personal injury arising from negligence;
(iii) our fraud;
(iv) fraudulent misrepresentation; or
(v) any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by English law.
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to the Website or any content on it, whether express or implied.
To the extent permitted by law, we will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
(i) use of, or inability to use, the Website; or
(ii) use of reliance on any content displayed on the website
Please note that we only provide the Website for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the Website for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity. For wholesale enquiries, please contact us at email@example.com.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Website or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any goods by us to you, which are set out in our terms and conditions of supply.
You must ensure that your access to the Website is not illegal or prohibited by any applicable laws.
We do not guarantee that the Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmers, and platform in order to access the Website. You should use your own virus protection software in order to ensure that whatever you select for use from the Website is free of viruses or anything else that may interfere with or damage the operation of your computer system or systems.
You must not misuse the Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website, the server on which the Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website. You must not attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you may commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Website will cease immediately.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These terms of website use shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with these terms of website use shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the English courts. However, you may bring an action in the courts of the country in which you are domiciled.
Questions, comments and requests regarding these terms of website use should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please telephone us on +44 (0) 203 735 7569 between 9:30am and 5:00pm GMT.
Last updated: 3 August 2016